Laminate Sheets Manufacturing Process: From Start to Finish
Laminates are a widely used surfacing material in both residential and commercial spaces. They enhance the aesthetic appeal of surfaces on which they are installed, be it walls or furniture, and add strength and protection to your property. Today, laminates are available in a wide range of design options, but few people have knowledge about their manufacturing process. Today, we will discuss the complete manufacturing process of laminates, from start to finish. Let’s begin!
Laminates are generally made of paper that is treated with chemical resins to enhance its strength and stiffness. The main materials used when manufacturing all types of laminates, including kitchen laminates, are:
- Brown paper (also known as Kraft paper)
- Phenolic resins (made from phenol)
- Decorative Printed Paper
- Melamine resin
- Tissue paper (the topmost overlay of the laminated sheet)
Now that we know the materials required to produce laminate sheets, let’s take a look at the manufacturing process.
Five-step manufacturing process in a nutshell
The following is a five-step manufacturing process for laminates:
- Impregnating the Kraft paper: In this step, the paper is drenched in resin containing phenol. This makes the paper brittle and stiff.
- Drying: The paper now undergoes a drying process, where hot air is used to dry the resin in a matter of seconds. Once the resin dries, a cutter is used to slice the paper into sheets.
- Stacking: Next, the Kraft paper is placed under a decorative layer. A textured plate is laid on top of each decorative layer to prevent the finished laminates from getting stuck with each other.
- Thermosetting: Next, the sheets go through a press where they are subjected to intense heat and pressure, which helps to compress the multiple layers.
- Finishing touch: In this stage, excess paper on the edges of the sheets is trimmed.
About Greenlam Industries
When looking for premium quality laminate sheets for your interior decor, look no further than Greenlam Industries. The experts at Greenlam Industries can help bring your design vision to life. Over the years, Greenlam Industries has become one of the leading laminate manufacturers in the world. Whether you are looking for HD laminate or modern kitchen laminate designs, our laminates catalogue has it all. To know more about available laminate sheets, including HD laminates, call +91 11 4279 1399 or email email@example.com. You may also fill out our contact form, and we will take it from there.